A reciprocating compressor is a positive displacement compressor that uses a crankshaft-driven piston and cylinder to compress the air. A single-stage reciprocating air compressor works by drawing the air into the cylinder where it is compressed in a single piston stroke of approximately 120 PSI and then sent to a storage tank. A two-stage compressor includes an additional step where the air is compressed by a second, smaller piston to a pressure of up to 175 PSI.
TS Series Reciprocating Air Compressor
ELGi Reciprocating air compressors are designed for optimum efficiency while requiring minimum maintenance to meet your demands of compressed air. These compressors are recommended for applications that would require duty cycle less than 70% . For duty cycle higher than 70% , we would recommend our lubricated screw air compressor.
- ASME coded relief valve for interstage and tank pressure
- All components completely pre-piped, pre-wired and operationally tested
- Magnetic starter ensures smooth start and stop of the motor
- NEMA Premium efficiency motor as a standard feature
- ASME coded air receiver tanks that are safe, reliable and maintenance friendly
- Totally enclosed belt guard confirming to OSHA Safety standards assures accident free operation